- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Addiction Programs
- Learning Improvement Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Course
- Therapeutic Training Routines Course
- Communication & Perception Course
- Ups and Downs in Life CBT Course
- Personal Values & Integrity Course
- Changing Conditions in Life: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- The Way to Happiness with Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Get Help
- Drug Addiction Facts
Alcohol Detox Programs
An essential and integral part of any alcohol addiction is detox. While detox is not specific to addiction treatment, it does form the basis of successful drug addiction recovery. But what exactly is detox and what is involved when used as part of a drug addiction treatment recovery program?
Definitions of Alcohol Detox
- Treatment given either to fight a person’s dependence on alcohol or other drugs or to rid the body of a poisonous substance and its effects
- Removal of a toxic substance such as a drug or alcohol from the body
- The process of removing a poison or toxin or the effect of either from an area or individual
- The process by which a user withdraws from the effects of a drug. It usually refers to withdrawal in a safe environment (a detoxification/detox center), with help on hand to minimize the unpleasant symptoms
The overall meaning is the same. Detox is the means by which harmful substances, alcohol in particular, and their effects are removed from the body. This is achieved with varying methods of cleansing. At Freedom Treatment Center, we use a sauna for detoxification, as this has proven to be the most effective method of cleansing the body. You can learn more about sauna detoxification on our site.
More Alcohol Detox Info
Drug abuse, especially after a long period of time, results in a collection of toxins that the body is unable to remove. These toxins are often responsible for the large percentage of cases where an ex-addict has relapsed. The collected toxins may have damaging effects and severe medical consequences on the body if left untreated, and may also contribute to recurring drug abuse problems.
Detox works to rid the body of these unwanted and potentially dangerous toxins and drug abuse by-products. Simple detox programs are often followed by people wishing to cleanse the system or improve the effectiveness of diets. Examples of such detox programs are:
- Increased water intake
- Single food consumption (such as soup detox)
- Mineral detox plan
Detoxification regarding drug and alcohol addiction is often more intensive. Saunas, medicinal and/or prescription detox are methods used in a rehabilitation facility for detoxification. There are varying intensities of detox methods, depending on the addiction in question and the individual’s personality and circumstances.
Some detox methods demand a full-on approach, such as rapid detox, which, while effective in treating certain addiction problems, may cause some short-term but intense withdrawal and side effects.
Longer term, more interactive and passive methods of detox work particularly well with less deep seated addictions and individuals with a certain degree of willpower.
Alternative therapies are becoming increasingly more common in addiction treatment recovery programs. Acupuncture, aroma therapy and homeopathy have shown to be successful in treating some types of addictions under supervised professional situations and offer a more natural and drug free approach to detoxification.
Alcohol detox is a necessary part of any good addiction recovery program in order to fully cleanse the body of any remaining by-products of addiction and give the patient the best start on the road to recovery.
Get Help Now
Call Us: 1 (877) 362-9682
We Accept Most Insurance
Along with insurance, you can apply for financing for a confidential consultation on alternative payment options.
We believe everyone has the right to top quality drug rehabilitation treatment. Check with your current health care provider to see if they cover our services. We accept most major insurance plans, such as:
- Crystal Meth
- Oxycodone HCL
Call Today: 1 (877) 362-9682
You can find freedom from drug and alcohol addiction. Our holistic approach from an experienced and caring staff give you the tools necessary to recover in a healthy, comfortable environment so you can get on with your life.
There is no reason to delay. One confidential call can put you on the path to recovery.
Please call today before it is too late.