- Get Help
Alcoholism Treatment Centers
Alcoholism facts and statistics
Whether your alcoholic beverage of choice is beer, hard liquor, or wine, heavy drinking creates a ripple effect that negatively impacts other family members, friends, and loved one of the addicted individual. The following facts and statistics (according to the NIAAA – National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism) will help you better understand the importance and necessity of alcoholism treatment centers:
- over 100,000 deaths are reported annually and are alcohol-related
- binge drinking is the most prevalent among the to 25-year olds
- children with alcoholic parents are three to four times more prone to start drinking than children whose parents that don’t drink
- roughly 7,000 American children aged 16 years or younger take their first drink every day
- 25% of American children aged 18 or younger have been exposed to alcohol abuse, addiction, or dependency with one of their family members
- approximately 18 million Americans today have been classified as alcoholics
- more than 50% of the adults in the US have had at least one family member that is currently an alcoholic or was one
As a result of the NIAAA facts and statistics above, it is easy to see why so many health organizations and medical professionals consider alcoholism to be one of the more serious public health threat.
Different types of alcoholism treatment centers
Alcoholism treatment centers are divided into two distinct types of facilities – the traditional and the alternative. You can easily distinguish one from the other as the traditional facility looks more like a clinic, hospital, or motel whereas the alternative facility has a more residential feel to it with a homelike setting and amenities to recover and relax in. Both of them have the same goals with their clients and offer similar activities, educational materials, and programs. However, they have major differences after that.
The appearance of traditional facilities is extremely intimidating with its cold and uninviting appearance. Conversely, the alternative facilities are more warm and comforting with apartment like environments that are conducive to long-lasting recovery. Where the older, traditional facilities tend to rely on the more conventional therapies, the alternative rehab facility employs the more innovative and modern recovery techniques and therapies. The traditional facilities also tend to take a generalized approach to alcoholism rehab.
We are here to help you
The Freedom Center is one of the most effective and successful alcoholism treatment centers in the US and can easily customize a rehab and recovery program that will address your unique, personal needs. For more information regarding our facility and the alcohol addiction rehab programs we offer, please call us today at the toll-free phone number listed above at the top of this page.
Call Today: (877) 779-8081
You can find freedom from drug and alcohol addiction. Our holistic approach from an experienced and caring staff give you the tools necessary to recover in a healthy, comfortable environment so you can get on with your life.